cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCC-68

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

Why SCC-68 board is dropped out from the newest DAQmx? It would be nice to use it together with SCC-TC01 thermocouple modules. Is there anyway to get this working with M- series USB DAC cards like USB-6255 with NI MAX 20.70?

scc-68 missing.png

BR,

Ilkka

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,275 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Yltsä

Looks like SCC-68 is supported for Connector 0 only and not on Connector 1 (this is on DAQmx20.0)

santo_13_0-1634334955421.png

Please connect SCC-68 to connector 0 and select the same in configuration.

I believe, nothing is limiting you from using SCC-TC01 with SCC-68 (once you have connected it to Con0)

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
Message 2 of 8
(3,255 Views)

Hi Santhosh,

Thank you very much for the quick reply. I will test this in the next week when all the relevant hardware is here.

Have a nice weekend,

Ilkka

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,236 Views)

Hi,

I am now testing the SCC-68 card and SCC-TC01 module with USB-6255.

Unfornately the temperature measurement is not working with this combination. But the same sensor is OK with NI USB-TC01 device. We have similar experiences also before, that the SCC-TC0X temperature modules do not work with the current DAQmx and USB data acquisition cards.

I use DAQmx 20.70. Do you know, if there is any hope to measure temperatures with SCC-TC01 module and for example USB-6255 device? The analog input works in SCC-68 and can measure voltages directly.

The SCC-68 card is possible to select in MAX but its configuration is disabled. Cannot make any changes:

Ylts_0-1634833576706.png

BR,

Ilkka

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,150 Views)

Hi,

Do you solve the problem? I have similar problems as you. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(1,658 Views)

Hi,

No, this is not solved. Please let me know, if you find something..

BR, Ilkka

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(1,626 Views)

@Yltsä wrote:

Hi,

I am now testing the SCC-68 card and SCC-TC01 module with USB-6255.

Unfornately the temperature measurement is not working with this combination. But the same sensor is OK with NI USB-TC01 device. We have similar experiences also before, that the SCC-TC0X temperature modules do not work with the current DAQmx and USB data acquisition cards.

I use DAQmx 20.70. Do you know, if there is any hope to measure temperatures with SCC-TC01 module and for example USB-6255 device? The analog input works in SCC-68 and can measure voltages directly.

The SCC-68 card is possible to select in MAX but its configuration is disabled. Cannot make any changes:

Ylts_0-1634833576706.png

BR,

Ilkka

have you tried with a older DAQmx version, perhaps 16.0 or earlier?

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(1,611 Views)

Hi Santhosh,

Yes, I tested with many different DAQmx versions. I do not bremember exactly about the results.. but not so good. And anyway I use always the latest DAQmx.

BR, Ilkka

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(1,558 Views)