Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High strain rate testing (SHPB)

Hi everyone,

If I need a strain measurement data point from the specimen for every 1 microsecond then I need a measuring device with a frequency bandwidth of 1000KHz and above?. 

But the catalog for strain instruments (C Series Strain/Bridge Input Module) has a maximum of 50KS/s/ch. This can give a measuring point every 20 microseconds, which I think is not suitable for dynamic material characterization and impact experiments.

Can someone tell me what devices are used for SHPB and impact data measurements form NI.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,581 Views)

Hello Bhaskarhnk,

The PXIe-4331 has a maximum sample rate of 102Ks/s, which can allow you to strain measurement data point from the specimen for every 10 microseconds

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,508 Views)

You need 1MSPS and assuming a <0.5% uncertainty at ~100 mV  ...  

We use  a PXI 5922 for high shock calibration, but we use an additional signal conditioner only up to 300kHz,. but a good 1MHz bridge amplifier ??? would be challenge to calibrate it 😉 

So a 1MSPS (an no multiplexing!) DAQ with external amplifier looks reasonable ...  unless a NI-supporter comes up with a 1MSPS DAQ and less than 2mV uncertainty 😉

And I want NI product finder with a general spec search including spec'ed uncertainty, min max ranges, but maybe I missed it 😉

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,502 Views)

Hi Bhaskar,

I am using PXIe-6124 card (4MS/sec) for SHPB. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,391 Views)