Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single NI 9478 with multiple output voltages ?

Solved!
Go to solution

I am looking for a SINGLE C module solution to output five 0 - 5 VDC signals and five 0 - 12 VDC signals - it looks like the NI 9478 could be a good option, and it LOOKS like from the diagram that the modules are broken up into four groups of four channels with a Vsupp for each bank of four - however the manual and data sheet do not specifically say that this is the case and they could be all bussed together inside the card - does anyone n the discussion board know if it is in fact wired how I have described or could you suggest any other single C-module solution that will get me the 10 outputs described above..

Thank You !

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,368 Views)

I notice the NI 9477 manual is very specific that the Vsup pins are all tied together but the NI 9478 has no such disclaimer...interesting....

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,364 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author csduffey

So just to clarify, you need 2 separate voltage logic levels and are wondering if you can supply different voltage levels to each bank? The Vsup pins are all labeled the same and the manual does not specify that they are isolated so you can assume that they are the same supply voltage.

I noticed this thread was posted under Real-Time Measurement and Control. It seems like this question would probably fit more on the Digital IO message boards.

Jake H | Product Manager
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,334 Views)

Jake,

After looking at it very closely I decide that they were probably all tied together,  I was trying to keep a cRIO design in a four slot chassis and figured out a slightly different card mix that would get me there !

Thank You

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,332 Views)