Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is sbRIO-9651 recommended for new developements ?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

We would like to begin a new product development reauiring a SOM to be embed into our global system.

Is the sbRIO-9651 close to end-of-life ? Will it still be available for 5 to 10 years to come ?

CLA, CTA, LV Champion
View Cyril Gambini's profile on LinkedIn
This post is made under CC BY 4.0 DEED licensing
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(4,134 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author CyGa

The sbRIO-9651 isn't a mature or legacy device, so it's safe to assume it will still be available in 5-10 years. You can find more information on general lifecycle here: Hardware Product Lifecycle Policies

Francine

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

Francine P.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(4,095 Views)

Greetings,

If you go to this page, there is a section titled CompactRIO COMPONENTS. This section has a subsection titled Board-Level Controller. The photo above still shows a sbRIO-9651 SoM (smallest device in the middle). However, if you follow the link there's no further mention of the sbRIO-9651 SoM.
Similar happens if you go to this page. The bottom section titled RELATED PRODUCTS contains a subsection in the middle titled CompactRIO System on Module. However, if you click on it you get a misleading error message.
Finally, if you go to this page, following the View Product Flyer link will get you to a flyer pdf. However, following the VIEW PRODUCT DETAILS will produce the same misleading error message.

Is this about a series of temporary glitches, caused by misdirected links, or the cRIO SoMs are discontinued?

Thanks for your time.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,729 Views)

Hello,

This is a series of temporary errors. I have alerted our internal web teams to take a look at it. Thank you for bringing it to our attention!

Regards,
PahlM

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,713 Views)

Hello again,

Any luck with getting the internal web teams to fix all the broken references to sbRIO-9651?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,659 Views)

Hi sukaba,

Our web team is still working to resolve the broken links. In the meantime, you can find the product page for the sbRIO-9651 at the link below:

http://www.ni.com/en-us/support/model.sbrio-9651.html

Best,

Duncan W.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,643 Views)

It seems they are still working on fixing broken links? One would think that this should not take 2 years!

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 7 of 11
(2,526 Views)

Any luck in fixing the links? Can someone share the link to the documentation for it (at least this new "generate-me PDF" new version nonsense)?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(1,291 Views)

Have you tried to look at the sbRIO product page https://www.ni.com/nl-nl/shop/hardware/products/compactrio-single-board-controller.html?

Online shopping currently unavailable for these products.

You cannot currently purchase this product online. Please contact us for assistance.

Of course the sbRIO-9651 is not even mentioned in that list and that contact link might just put you into a call center where someone after a long wait time eventually tells you that there are no engineer available to take your call.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(1,276 Views)

The only documentation I see is here:

https://www.ni.com/docs/en-US/bundle/sbrio-9651-specs/resource/376962c.pdf

On a positive note, it is a 'proper' pdf file.

As for the sbRIO-9651, it appears to be an active product and is listed on Newark's web site:

https://www.newark.com/ni/783525-03/dev-board-zynq-7020-fpga-arm-cortex/dp/14AJ5742

The part number 783525-03 is the correct one to use.

It may be worth giving Newark a call and see if they can get availability of the sbRIO-9051 from NI.

As for the web site, it looks like someone needs to tidy up the loose ends. In fairness, I don't recall being able to order sbRIOs online, except the evaluation kit, and those orders got flagged for manual review. You have always had to contact NI (or a distributor). 

David C
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(1,258 Views)