From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRIO9039 serial communication

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everyone,

I am using CRIO939 + RS232 serial port on it to capture text messages. The program I made works quite well before deployment. When the code is first deployed, the serial communication works as well. However, whenever I run my PC host vi by sending some commands to update the parameters in the RT while loop, the while loop dedicated to the serial communication stops. Interestingly, if I bring up the RT real time panel under the debug mode and redo the parameter change, the problem is not there. In order words, this only occurs when the RT panel closes. Therefore, I cannot effectively debug the code and pinpoint the root cause. I attached the relevant piece of code for your information. By the way, a similar implementation has been proven to work quite well on cRIO9024. I am really confused by what I observed. I would very appreciate any illumination on what is going on here. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,996 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Wenxu1

Guys,

After two days of painful trial and error, the Obtain Queue was identified to be real cause of the problem which takes significant amount of time to finish. This caused the parallel loop for serial communication  to drop out.

Thanks anyway.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,959 Views)