RTI DDS Toolkit for LabVIEW Support

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Array Use Help

I've read through the Getting Started and also visited the link on the common questions about Array usage. The problem I seem to be having is that the Vi's generated by the DDS Generator are not executable if an array is included, despite be initializing them with default values (0..10). I've tried with doubles, strings and booleans and get the same result every time, The Vi's are not executable until I generate the complex type without any Arrays included.

Am I missing something? Does anyone have a better explanation as to what to do exactly?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,343 Views)

I realise now that there was a Array of Strings still in the control, and I now realise that an Array of Strings is not supported by DDS

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,336 Views)

Hi Lbee,

As you mentioned, arrays of strings are not currently supported by the RTI DDS Toolkit for LabVIEW. They are a valid type in DDS but, in LabVIEW, there is a limitation when connecting some types to a Call Library Function using Interface to Data (such as arrays of strings or arrays of clusters).

To workaround this, you can use a struct which contains individual strings for each element in your array. Otherwise you may want to use an array of octets/unsigned 8.Then you can use "String to Byte Array" and "Byte Array to String" to translate between Strings and Arrays of octets.

I hope this helps.

Angel.

Message 3 of 3
(3,316 Views)