From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

RTI DDS Toolkit for LabVIEW Support

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building an executable with the rtilvdds.dll in LabVIEW 2017, error "rtilvdds.dll not found"

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all, 

I have a project that I've written in LabVIEW 2017, and it runs fine on my development machine. When I try to build it into an executable, the rtilvdds.dll gets pulled into the 'Data' folder, but when I actually run the executable, I get the following error: RTI_DDS_Error.PNG

It gives me this error for any VIs that use any components of the toolkit. Do we know if the DLL is compatible with LabVIEW 2017, or if there is any issue when building it into an executable? 

Thanks for the help! 

Message 1 of 4
(4,960 Views)

Hey aprillest,

I'm not sure if this applies to the toolkit but it is possible that we have to configure our system similar to how it describes it in this document below.

Set Up the Environment on Your Deployment Machine - https://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/1754418/RTI_Oct2016/PDF/RTI_CoreLibrariesAndUtilities_GettingStarted....

JY
Application Engineer, RF and Communications
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,950 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Nick-C

Hi aprillest,

In the "Common questions" topic we have a section which explains how to fix this issue: 

I hope this helps!

Angel.

Message 3 of 4
(4,940 Views)

This is what I ended up doing.

Thanks for the link!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,934 Views)