From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Quick Drop Enthusiasts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Drop Plugin: Colour Up Structure

QD Plugin for Colour Up Structure(s). Invoke it by <Ctrl><Space> <Ctrl><q> - substrucute(s) recursive colour up or <Ctrl><Space> <Ctrl><Shift><q> - without recursion colour up.

Plugin will change BG colour of selected Structure(s). Two colours are alternate. You could set-up colours in main VI "q.vi".

All Case in Case/Sequence Structure are setup to same colour. You don't have to change each case.

Steps  to Complete

• To install this plugin, unzip the folder into the <LabVIEW>\resource\quickDrop\plugins
  • No LabVIEW restart is required

Additional Notes

License: Copyleft

Version  1.1.1 - added TimedSequence support

Version  1.1.0 - with recursion colour up support

Version  1.0.0 - initial release, without recursion colour up support

Saved in LabVIEW 2009

Known Issues

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(11,829 Views)

Thanks for submitting this shortcut.  I have a few comments:

• Quick Drop Keyboard Shortcuts were added in LabVIEW 2009, so I don't think you need to post an 8.6 version of your shortcut.
  • For a Timed Sequence, you would need to read the "Embedded Flat Sequence" property of the TimedSequence class, then get the diagrams of that embedded FlatSequence.

-D

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,046 Views)

Hi Darren

I already spent few hours by looking for how to fix it. TimedSequence class is child of Structure class. But is not working.

Thank you for your replay but I can not follow it. Please, could you send me "screen-shot" how did you do it?

Thx

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,046 Views)

See the attached diagram...I use the Embedded Flat Sequence property to get a reference to the Flat Sequence inside the Timed Sequence, then I set its diagram colors:

timed_seq.png

Note:  The VI I'm using to get the reference to the Timed Sequence by label is vi.lib\utiltiy\traverseref.llb\TRef Find Object by Label.vi.

Message 4 of 5
(6,046 Views)

Thank you Darren for replay.

Problem was in LabVIEW 2009 (Embedded Flat Sequence is missing). I exported this property from 2010 to 2009. Now it is working well.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,046 Views)