Quick Drop Enthusiasts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Drop Plugin: Colour Up Structure

QD Plugin for Colour Up Structure(s). Invoke it by <Ctrl><Space> <Ctrl><q> - substrucute(s) recursive colour up or <Ctrl><Space> <Ctrl><Shift><q> - without recursion colour up.

Plugin will change BG colour of selected Structure(s). Two colours are alternate. You could set-up colours in main VI "q.vi".

All Case in Case/Sequence Structure are setup to same colour. You don't have to change each case.

Steps  to Complete

• To install this plugin, unzip the folder into the <LabVIEW>\resource\quickDrop\plugins
  • No LabVIEW restart is required

Additional Notes

License: Copyleft

Version  1.1.1 - added TimedSequence support

Version  1.1.0 - with recursion colour up support

Version  1.0.0 - initial release, without recursion colour up support

Saved in LabVIEW 2009

Known Issues

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(11,788 Views)

Thanks for submitting this shortcut.  I have a few comments:

• Quick Drop Keyboard Shortcuts were added in LabVIEW 2009, so I don't think you need to post an 8.6 version of your shortcut.
  • For a Timed Sequence, you would need to read the "Embedded Flat Sequence" property of the TimedSequence class, then get the diagrams of that embedded FlatSequence.

-D

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,005 Views)

Hi Darren

I already spent few hours by looking for how to fix it. TimedSequence class is child of Structure class. But is not working.

Thank you for your replay but I can not follow it. Please, could you send me "screen-shot" how did you do it?

Thx

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,005 Views)

See the attached diagram...I use the Embedded Flat Sequence property to get a reference to the Flat Sequence inside the Timed Sequence, then I set its diagram colors:

timed_seq.png

Note:  The VI I'm using to get the reference to the Timed Sequence by label is vi.lib\utiltiy\traverseref.llb\TRef Find Object by Label.vi.

Message 4 of 5
(6,005 Views)

Thank you Darren for replay.

Problem was in LabVIEW 2009 (Embedded Flat Sequence is missing). I exported this property from 2010 to 2009. Now it is working well.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,005 Views)