From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Quick Drop Enthusiasts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add structure support to Insert QD shortcut

Hello!

Apologies in advance if this is already a post.  I wasn't able to find a duplicate of this exact request.

Has anyone made (or has NI considered) a QD shortcut to add structures to wires (bare or otherwise)?  For example, I would love to be able to highlight the two wires shown below, hit Ctrl+Space, type "while", hit Ctrl+Shift+I like I would for any VI, and then a while structure appears wired in with shift registers all set (shown below).Insert structure.png

At present, the fastest way I know to do this is to QD a subVI (maybe DAQmx Read in this case) onto those wires with Ctrl+Shift->Ctrl+Shift+i and then do a Ctrl+Space, search "while" and hit enter, draw the while loop around the function, and then remove/rewire the function with Ctrl+Space, Ctrl+R, but this is tedious.  It would be great if I could do this with while, for, IPE, event, flat sequence, and all other structures.  It would be nice for the Ctrl+i and Ctrl+Shift+i distinction to be maintained (i.e., without the Shift, a separate structure would appear on each highlighted wire).

Thanks!

David

Message 1 of 2
(1,009 Views)

I would also find this useful. I encourage anyone reading this (who feels so inclined) to take a stab at writing such a shortcut.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(978 Views)