cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Electric Motor Simulation Toolkit for LabVIEW 2017

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi HBSingh,

I would recommend creating a new forum post for your new question.

Regards,

Nadine

Message 11 of 18
(5,703 Views)

ok but my question is regarding to the transient time did not converge error in  mutisim

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(5,700 Views)

Can you suggest any solution regarding to problem

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(5,681 Views)

Hi Evandrorech,

EMSIM  Toolkit is now supported by OPAL-RT Technologies. You can find the new link to the product page below:

http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/217309

The latest version of the toolkit includes the support of LabVIEW 2017 and 2018.

For more information, you can contact OPAL-RT support team at the following link:https://www.opal-rt.com/contact-technical-support/

Regard,

Regards,

Vincent L
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(5,351 Views)

The link to the Opal-RT product doesn't appear to work anymore and I find no reference on their website. Is this a discontinued product?

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(5,126 Views)

Hi PBarrett,

Yes, you are right. OPAL-RT decided to discontinue this product. We have replaced this solution with our FPGA-Based Power Electronic Toolbox called eHS.

eHS provides you with the industry’s most powerful and intuitive solution dedicated to the HIL testing of both ECUs and controllers found in power electronics applications. Whether it is for the simulation of electrical or hybrid vehicles, microgrids, energy conversion systems, or motor drives, our solution was engineered for it.

• Simulate complex converter with high-switching frequencies

• Subject circuits to abnormal operating conditions to ensure complete test coverage

• Precisely emulate motors, resolvers, and encoders

• Perform on-the-fly changes in your simulated circuit without reloading your model

• Customize FPGA bitstream configuration using the LabVIEW SDK

eHS includes :

1) Veristand Addon : (page will be added soon on NI website)

This add-on imports power electronics circuits created with SimScape Electrical, PSIM, PLECS or Multisim and simulates them with unprecedented speed and accuracy on NI’s HIL systems. It also provides a convenient user interface for configuration of I/O channels, generation of stimulus, visualization and recording of electric signals, and execution of test scenarios during the simulation.

2) LabVIEW SDK  : http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/217708

The SDK for LabVIEW provides all the functionalities to develop firmware dedicated to the testing of ECUs and controllers found in power electronics applications. 

The SDK is composed of a comprehensive library of LabVIEW functions and project templates to quickly create new firmware configurations that are perfectly suited to NI CRIO and PXI hardware platforms. The SDK can also be combined with the Electric Motor Simulation Toolkit for simulating various type of machines. A Veristand addon is also available for taking advantage of the wide range of out-of-the-box HIL functionality of the NI Veristand platform.

If you need more information, you can contact OPAL-RT support (https://www.opal-rt.com/support-home/)  or you can directly contact me:

vincent.lapointe@opal-rt.com

Regards

Vincent L
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(5,112 Views)

It looks like the NI Electric Motor Simulation Toolkit for LabVIEW 2017 and LabVIEW 2018 are not available on ni.com/downloads, for some reason. I have posted them here for you to download, unzip and install.

Electric Motor Sim Toolkit for LabVIEW 2017:

ftp://ftp.ni.com/evaluation/powerdev/devtoolszip/EMSim2017.zip

Electric Motor Sim Toolkit for LabVIEW 2018:

ftp://ftp.ni.com/evaluation/powerdev/devtoolszip/EMSim2018.zip 

I don't see an installer for LabVIEW 2019, but you can install for a previous version and activate, and then copy and paste from vi.lib and examples folders under program files (i.e. from C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2018\vi.lib\addons\E-Motor Simulation).

If you have installed and purchased & activated a license for any prior version of LabVIEW, I believe the installs for newer LabVIEW versions will be activate.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(5,097 Views)

A problem was reported with the LabVIEW 2018 Electric Motor Simulation Toolkit ZIP file. If you downloaded previously and had a problem, please download again. 

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(5,078 Views)