cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Electric Motor Simulation Toolkit for LabVIEW 2017

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi!

Has the NI Electric Motor Simulation Toolkit been discontinued for LabVIEW 2017? I only found the 2016 version.

I'm on a project that I'll try to run a BLDC and PMSM motors HIL system (not simultaneously) in the NI myRIO FPGA.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(11,377 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author evandrorech

I don't know whether the Electric Motor Simulation toolkit has been discontinued or not.  However, if you install the 2016 version, you can copy the directory C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2016\vi.lib\addons\E-Motor Simulation to the corresponding location for LabVIEW 2017 or LabVIEW 2018 and then open same and it will work just fine.  I take it you found this out already, but I will place this response here for the others who may have the same question.  Smiley Happy

NOTE:  This process has been updated, see follow up post (#6) below.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18
(10,973 Views)

The problem here is if I have only LabVIEW 2017, during the installation process don´t appears the directory for installation, and the browse button is disabled (see attached file), there some form to solve this issue?

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(10,966 Views)

You may need to download the LabVIEW 2016 Developer software in evaluation mode and then install the Electric Motor Simulation Toolkit.  The software checks for a valid installation.

It can be found here (after some effort) - > http://www.ni.com/download/web-based-installer-labview-development-system-2016/6056/en/

When you get done with that, let me know, there are a few more files you need to copy from the 2016 folder(s) to 2107 folders.

Bill

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(10,963 Views)

Hello Bill!

I did not come to this solution, so I installed LabVIEW 2016 and the toolkit, but I had problems with the license for evaluation and it did not work. Thanks for the tip, I'm going to install LabVIEW 2018 and get the 2016 files to test it.

To help with my problem, I used the examples of FPGA simulators made available by BMac in this group and in the NI FTP, they are also very useful.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(10,960 Views)

I had a moment while waiting for something else that was running... so I revisited this issue.

Here's how you can get what you want.

1.  Download and run the NIEMSim2016.exe but UNCHECK the box that says "When done unzipping open: \setup.exe"  See below.

NEIMSim2016_exe extraction popup.PNG.

2. After Step 1 completes, navigate to the folder C:\National Instruments Downloads\LabVIEW\EMSim\2016\Products\LabVIEW_EMSim_2016\EMSim02

3. Execute the installer EMSimCore.msi by double clicking - you may need to run this using administrative privileges on your computer.

4. When the installation in Step 3 completes you will find the folder C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2016 has been created, even if you did not have LabVIEW 2016 installed.  Note: on a 64 bit machine this will be in "...Program files (x86)...". Open this folder.

5. Copy all the folders within and paste them to your LabVIEW 2017 or LabVIEW 20** folder.  Here is an image of what you need to copy:

After running EMSimCore.msiAfter running EMSimCore.msi

6. Restart LabVIEW 2017 (or 20**).

7. Enter license when directed.

8. Profit  Smiley Very Happy

Bill

As they say in the movie Galaxy Quest - "...Never give up, never surrender!". 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(10,954 Views)

I follow all indications, the install was successful, but in the ADDONS don´t appears the  Electric Motor Simulation VIs,  in the NI Licence manager appears that the toolkit was installed.

Is there a way to force the appearance of these VIs?.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(10,942 Views)

Did you copy the files from the C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2016 folder that was created as a result of steps 1-3 in the instructions I posted in post #6 to the corresponding folders in the C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2017  folder?  My method does not do that for you.....  Smiley Sad

Bill

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(10,937 Views)

Hi,

I am also facing similar issue. I followed all steps (including copying files from 2016 to 2017 folder). But when i restarted the LabView 2017 it didnt asked me for license and when I open example from folder, the VI are broken due to unlicensed toolkit. 

Let me know what I can do.

Regards

Bipin

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(10,226 Views)

Hi

I need to simulate BLDC motor model in LabVIEW FPGA platform.

I have only basic idea about NI Electric Motor Simulation Toolkit.

I have installed NI Electric Motor Simulation Toolkit 2018 to my PC. There are some different motor models are already available in toolkit but it seems BLDC motor model is not available. I need to simulate BLDC motor model.

Can I make BLDC motor model using this toolkit ?

Plz give your valuable suggestion.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(10,039 Views)