PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiplexer with programmable power supply

Solved!
Go to solution

I would like to use the PXIe-2575 to MUX in 32VDC from a PXIe-4112 Programmable Power Supply to my DUT.

I have 70 pairs I need to send the voltage to one pair at a time.

How do I connect the output of the power supply to the MUX? Can it use the PXI backplane?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,131 Views)
Solution
Accepted by kellerbk

All IO for PXI instruments are only available on the Instrument Front Panel. PXI backplane is available only for routing PXI triggers.

You need to do wiring from 4112 connector to 2575 connector and then to your DUT

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,063 Views)

Okay understood and that makes sense. Thanks for the information.

My current configuration is using a LFH200 to 4 × 50-pin DSUB switch cable to mate with the MUX card and four TBX-50B Terminal Blocks. The power supply output will be wired to the voltage input of the MUX through the terminal block.

Question: How about the power supply sense lines, can I wire them to the input channels of the multiplexer so that the power supply compensates for the voltage drop across the LFH200, terminal blocks and power supply wire harness?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,041 Views)
Solution
Accepted by kellerbk

Best implementation will be to use the MUX in the 4-wire mode where it switches 4 signals at a time (Force+, Sense+, Force-, Sense-) in remote sense mode. This way, you will compensate for voltage drops until the DUT (or where the sense lines merge) at the cost of reduced MUX channels.

As per the specifications of 2575, it can operate either in 196x1 wire or 98x2 wire or 95x2 wire. Since there are only two COM pins, you will not be able to achieve a remote sense capability with this card and you have to go with local sense. On the other hand, you could opt for a card that supports 4-wire topology or include another 2575 which switches the Sense lines mimicking the Force lines.

If you have a common ground signal, you could also choose to connected the Force+ and Sense+ lines through MUX and the Force-, Sense- lines permanently connected to the test board or fixture common to all MUX'd points.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,030 Views)

Thanks for the information santo_13

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,022 Views)