cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview Real-Time

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have been able to get my laptop's NI MAX to identify my pxi, however, I cannot get my labview program to identify my pxi. I believe I need some more software. What are the software requirements?

Thank You

Ian

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,165 Views)

Hi Ian,

The PXI platform services driver needs to be installed:

http://www.ni.com/download/pxi-platform-services-17.0/6591/en/

Depending on your operating system and hardware, the corresponding version will need to be installed. What is your OS and the chassis you're using?

Alex
Hardware Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,128 Views)

Already have it downloaded. How can I check the chassis OS?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,121 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author buckster123

To clarify, I was wondering what chassis model you were using and the OS on your development PC. Do you have a controller on the PXI chassis or do you have a MXI card connection to your desktop?

Alex
Hardware Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,108 Views)

PXI controller

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,092 Views)

I see that you marked the above response as the solution. Were you able to successfully get your device recognized in LabVIEW?

Alex
Hardware Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,069 Views)

That's strange, no I did not find the solution

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(2,999 Views)

Hi,

So your chassis and controller are showing up in NI MAX, but you are unable to reference them in LabVIEW?

Specifically, what are the model numbers of your chassis and controller?

Additionally, you mention LabVIEW Real-Time in the post title. Do you have the LabVIEW Real-Time module installed on your computer? Is the PXI controller a real time controller?

Alex
Hardware Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(2,988 Views)

I do have Real-Time. I am working on getting model numbers. One quick question, do I need to connect to the controller with a USB in order to for it to read in LabVIEW. All I have is an Ethernet cable.

Thank You,

Ian

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(2,981 Views)

Models are for Chassis are 1045. The controllers is 8110.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(2,971 Views)