From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI VeriStand Add-Ons Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chassis TimeSync Custom Device Feedback

The only way you could get that error is if the f2 patch was not installed to the target

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 41 of 115
(4,216 Views)

Stephen,

I am able to deploy now. Another question I have is this card does sync the RIO EtherCat also with the main clock right? After the sync my HS and LS should be in sync also, correct?

0 Kudos
Message 42 of 115
(4,216 Views)

Yes you are right, I should have re-installed that on the real time target also. Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 43 of 115
(4,216 Views)

Fantastic. One question for you: how were you able to resolve the error at deployment due to the Chassis TimeSync custom device?

Your question answered: Yes EtherCAT (LS data) will sync with HS data as long as you followed step 5 in the installation instructions https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-29546

You can prove sync by using the technique here: http://www.ni.com/white-paper/14644/en

You might want to try with the example files attached first to make sure you are doing it right... then record your own data logs and use the same technique

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 44 of 115
(4,216 Views)

When I took out the extra drivers I had installed on the real time system, somehow something fixed that. I am not sure what was causing that but I am not getting that error any more. I will try installing all the drivers again that I had and try depoying again once I have this sync up and running.

0 Kudos
Message 45 of 115
(4,216 Views)

Sounds good. You dont need the extra drivers so I wouldn't reinstall them. They are for other products you are not using.

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 46 of 115
(4,216 Views)

Sure will do that. I followed the step 5 and unchecked that. Do I still need to select this option under EtherCat "Synchronize NI VeriStand to Scan Engine"

Which clock would now be driving/Syncing the EtherCat?

0 Kudos
Message 47 of 115
(4,216 Views)

Yes you do need to keep that option selected.

The clocking chain looks like this

6683H -> RT System Time -> Scan Engine/EtherCAT -> NI VeriStand Engine

&

6683H -> Chassis 10 MHz Clock -> DAQ/FPGA/XNET PXI Cards

To get 6683H to drive RT system time you use NI-TimeSync 1.2 for NI-Sync

To get RT System time to drive scan engine/ethercat you uncheck that box in MAX

To get scan engine to drive NIVS you select the option in the custom device

So you've done all of that and are good to go.

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 48 of 115
(4,216 Views)

Thank you for the above description, it was really helpful in understanding how it works. Now what is left, I will log data and see if LS and HS are in Sync and yes I am also looking at that document that you asked me to look at on examples of how to sync and look at data. Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Message 49 of 115
(4,216 Views)

Of course! Thanks for the patience

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 50 of 115
(4,216 Views)