From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI VeriStand Add-Ons Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chassis TimeSync Custom Device Feedback

I'm getting the following error in Veristand during deployment:

The VeriStand Gateway encountered an error while deploying the System Definition file.

Details:
Error 7 occurred at Project Window.lvlib:Project Window.vi >> Project Window.lvlib:Command Loop.vi >> NI_VS Workspace ExecutionAPI.lvlib:NI VeriStand - Connect to System.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW: File not found. The file might be in a different location or deleted. Use the command prompt or the file explorer to verify that the path is correct.
=========================
NI VeriStand: Open VI Reference in Custom Devices Storage.lvlib:Run Timing Source Initialization VI.vi->NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:Initialize Engine Timing Source Data.vi->NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:VeriStand Engine State Machine.vi->NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:VeriStand Engine.vi->NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:VeriStand Engine Wrapper (RT).vi<APPEND>

My setup:

Veristand 2016

LabVIEW 2016

NI-Sync 18.6

NI-TimeSync 18.1.1 (according to this NI doc, 18.1.1 version is OK: https://tinyurl.com/y3ltvxr2)

NI-DAQmx 18.5.0

I also had a question about the source version of the custom device located on GIT. Do you need LabVIEW RT to build the device?

Michael Aivaliotis
VI Shots LLC
0 Kudos
Message 111 of 115
(1,958 Views)

I downgraded the NI-TimeSync 1.2 just in case. But it still gives the missing file error. Here is the software on the RT and PC. Any suggestions?

4-12-2019_13-53-28.jpg

4-12-2019_13-56-18.jpg

Michael Aivaliotis
VI Shots LLC
0 Kudos
Message 112 of 115
(1,947 Views)

Hello,

we successfully use this TimeSync CustomDevice for Veristand/LabVIEW 2016.

We currently think about a new system with a more current Veristand version where we also will need such Time Synchronization.

However, currently, only a TimeSync Custom Device for LabVIEW 2017 is provide.

(see https://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-VeriStand-Add-Ons-Documents/NI-VeriStand-Add-on-Chassis-TimeSync-Custom-...)

Will this device also be available for newer LabVIEW versions?

We currently consider a system with LabVIEW 2019.

There, I have seen that an own NI-TimeSync driver for LabVIEW 2019 does no longer exist (most recent version is 18.1.1).

However, the TimeSync functionality seems to be incorporated in the NI-Sync driver from 19.0 on

(see https://www.ni.com/de-de/support/documentation/supplemental/19/using-ni-timesync-to-configure-ieee-1... )

How does this TimeSync CustomDevice fit to that architecture change?

Does something have to be redisigned or when/how a CustomDevice-version for LabVIEW 2019 is available?

Thank you for any helpful solutions.

0 Kudos
Message 113 of 115
(1,709 Views)
Message 114 of 115
(1,705 Views)

thank you very much for that helpful hint!

🙂

0 Kudos
Message 115 of 115
(1,690 Views)