NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

teststand callbacks - Is there a way to include step results for the SequenceFilePostStepFailure callback in report?

Solved!
Go to solution

I have some steps in the SequenceFilePostStepFailure callback and wanted to include these steps in the report when any step failure occurs. I have the ‘Disable Result Recording for All Steps” unchecked on the SequenceFilePostStepFailure Properties. Also, the ‘Record Result’ option is checked for steps. The callback is executed, but no steps are included in the report. Is there a way to have these step results to be included in the report?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(4,485 Views)

Give this a try.

Hope this helps,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
Message 2 of 12
(4,470 Views)

Thank you for your suggestion. It seems like the following statement should help, but I got the same report with or without (skip) it. Still no step results of the SequenceFilePostStepFauilure callback included in the report.

RunState.Caller.Locals.ResultList += Locals.ResultList

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(4,461 Views)
Did my example work for you. If so then chances are you aren't populating locals.Resultlist correctly inside of the engine call back
jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(4,450 Views)

Oh, I'm sorry that I didn't make it clear. The example didn't work. I got the same result with or without the ResultList statement in Cleanup.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(4,440 Views)

That's really odd.  When I run it I see both action steps on the report.  What version of TestStand are you running?  I tried in both 2010 and 2014.  Same result.

Place a pause before the Copy ResultList step.  Tell me what you see in Locals.ResultList.  Are there any elements?  You should see 2 elements.  Each representing each action step.

Which model are you running with?  Do you see any steps on the report?

It is baffling to me that this isn't working.

Maybe try this instead: RunState.Caller.Locals.ResultList = (RunState.Caller.Locals.ResultList + Locals.ResultList)  My thought here is that there was a bug with the += operator at one point.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(4,433 Views)

TestStand Engine Version: 2010 f2 (4.5.0.350)

Sequence Editor Version 4.5.0.310

Model: Sequential Model

When it breaks on ResultList statement, I see 2 elements in Locals.ResultList.

I also tried your suggestion of changing '+=' operator; it still behaved the same (no results included).

On the report, I see the step in the main, which generated the fault.

Now, I'm much interested in learning what version of TestStand you are running with.

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(4,427 Views)

TestStand Engine Version: 2010 f2 (4.5.0.350)

Sequence Editor Version 4.5.0.310

Model: Sequential Model

When it breaks on ResultList statement, I see 2 elements in Locals.ResultList.

I also tried your suggestion of changing '+=' operator; it still behaved the same (no results included in the report).

On the report, I see the step in the main, which generated the fault.

Now, I'm much interested in learning what version of TestStand you are running with.

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(4,427 Views)

You need to turn off On-The-Fly reporting.  Do you have it on?  You can check by going to Configure>>Report Options... and unchecking the On-The-Fly box.

Hope this helps,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(4,423 Views)

You're right. It worked once I turned off the 'On-The-Fly Reporting' option. Unfortunately, I need to have the 'On-The-Fly Reporting' option on. Any idea how to go about with the 'On-The-Fly Reporting' option on?

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(4,392 Views)