NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

teststand callbacks - Is there a way to include step results for the SequenceFilePostStepFailure callback in report?

Solved!
Go to solution
Solution
Accepted by HelenWu

So this is a challenge.  In order to understand the challenge you need to understand how on the fly works.  In 2010, which is what you are using, on-the-fly gets called in the process model by the ProcessModelPostResultListEntry callback.  It gets invoked any time a step places a result in Locals.ResultList.  The exception being engine callback sequences.  Because of this it isn't being invoked inside of SequenceFilePostStepFailure, hence those steps don't show on the on-the-fly report. 

Your best, and easiest, option is to put those steps in the cleanup of your sequence.  You can precondition them with Runstate.SequenceFailed.  The only problem with that is you will not have access to the failing step reference like you do in the engine callback.

Another option is to write the data you want to a fileglobal and then have a step in cleanup that adds it to the report via additional result.

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
Message 11 of 12
(1,551 Views)

I can't thank you enough for your clear explanation and suggestions. Now I understand the TestStand model a little better that I can try the workarounds.

Thank you and thank you! 

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(1,540 Views)