NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new error message...need help

I got new error message in my application. it happened to even very simple test code

like:

An error occurred calling 'LogResults' in 'ITSDBLog' of 'DBLog 1.0 Type Library'
An error occurred executing a statement.
Schema: Generic Recordset (NI).
Statement: UUT_RESULT.
ODBC driver does not support the requested properties.

-2147217887; User-defined error code.

Step 'Log Results to Database' of sequence 'Log To Database' in 'Database.seq'

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,375 Views)

Hello,

Which version of TestStand are you using?

Was this application ever working?

If so, what has changed since it was working last?

What OS are you using? A customer here reported the exact same error message but upgrading to Windows XP Service Pack 2 fixed the issue.

Could you post the steps you take to reproduce this or possibly a sequence file?

With warm regards,

David D.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,355 Views)

Hi, thank you for your help. My TS is 3.0.

it is the first time I have met this error message. I have an application in which the teststand uses labview talking with DSP through I2C bus. after I got the error, I tried a very simple test code. just 1 plus 1 and test the result is equal to 2. the sequence passed but then same error showed up. ..since my XP got a couple of update, I am not sure if it caused this problem. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,351 Views)

Hello,

Are you able to manually connect to your database? What version of ODBC are you using?

With warm regards,

David D.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,339 Views)

national instruments Citadel 5 Database 5.02.00.783

I don't know how to connect to it manually... could you kindly tell me how to do? thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,323 Views)

Hello,

I found 2 KnowledgeBase articles that I believe will be helpful in troubleshooting this Citadel ODBC issue:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/BD95183884B0F0F086256D3D0077C888?OpenDocument

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/486B13FA750376A386256E8E0025DECB?OpenDocument

Some other things to try:

It sounds like this has nothing to do with your code module and everything to do with TestStand communicating with the Citadel Database. Have you tried running a sequence with just one step (maybe a pop up) and turning database logging on and see if you get the same error?

With warm regards,

David D.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,296 Views)

I tried just pop a message. passed but with same error message.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,291 Views)

Hello,

OK then my assumption was correct, please see the KnowledgeBase that I linked about troubleshooting a Citadel ODBC connection for more possible solutions.

With warm regards,

David D.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,289 Views)