NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On the fly multiple report generation

Hi All,

I'm trying to generate text as well as html "On the Fly" report for Client sequence executed. I called ProcessOTFStepResult sequence of Sequential_txt.seq and sequential_html.seq from the sequential model one after the other.

I'm getting the result of step executed in  txt as well as html format o text file as well as html file. This happens as Parameters.step holds the step result and Paramete. And Parameter.step is container created by reference.

I would like to see the txt result of step to appear on text file and html result on html file.

Can any body help me with multiple(txt and html) OTF report generation.

Thanks in advance

VDC

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,814 Views)

Hi,

This is more elaborate description of problem faced by me in OTF multiple report generation.

I’m facing problem generating multiple “On the fly(OTF)” reports in Test Stand 4.0.

I intend to generate text and html report for Client sequence file simultaneously i.e. two reports for same sequence file.

Following changes were done by me in the Sequential process model

1.      Changed the ProcessModelPostResultListEntry (Engine Callback) that gets called after each step in the client sequence.

2.      In ProcessModelPostResultListEntry, Process Step Result is the sequence file that calls ProcessOTFStepResult sequence file in the reportgen_txt.seq that writes the step result into the OTF text report.

3.      In order to write the step result into the html file also i called Process Step Result again,this time it calls the ProcessOTFStepResult sequence file of reportgen_html.seq that writes the step result into OTF html report.

4.      Parameter.step is the variable that stores all the data related to step. And this variable is created by reference. Hence first time ProcessOTFStepResult is called it gets called in reportgen_txt.seq which stores the step result in Parameter.step and on next call of ProcessOTFStepResult, it gets called in  reportgen_html.seq . But again Parameter.step is used to hold html result of step. So the txt as well as html data appear in the text file.

5.      I can’t call ProcessModelPostResultListEntry twice as it can be used only once in Process model.

6.      The Parameter.step can’t be dynamically created as it is created by reference.

I have followed above mentioned approach to generate 2 OTF reports, but it doesn’t work fine.

I’m open to some other approach on OTF that solves my purpose.

For any query or clarification, I can be reached by mail or phone. 

Attached Files:

SequenctialProcessModel

Generated text file

Generated html file

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,788 Views)

Hi , Redefining the entry points in the process model should give you any functionality for the framework . I will look in detail on the problem and get back to  you shortly.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,764 Views)