From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

load error code 14

Solved!
Go to solution

Has anyone ever seen this error or know what causes it?

LabVIEW load error code 14: Could not load data space type map.

I don't get this error when I run my Operator Interface under an account that has a LabVIEW developer license.

I do get it when I run under the generic unpriveleged operator account.

The VI in question is vi.lib/measure\matone.llb\Extract Sin

TestStand is configured to use the Run-Time Adapter so I'm having a hard time figuring out why one account works and one doesn't.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,186 Views)

This seems like an issue with the User Interface rather than TestStand. To confirm, you created the User Interface in LabVIEW, correct? It seems the issue is that the LabVIEW User Interface is trying to load  the VI from a place that doesn't exist on the operator account. The vi.lib folder is under C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW<version>, (or C:\Program Files (x86)\... depending on the bitness of your OS and the bitness of LabVIEW), which likely doesn't exist on the operator account since they do not have LabVIEW. Are you deploying your LabVIEW User Interface as an executable? Does the operator account have the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine?

Taylor B.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,156 Views)

User interface is created in LabVIEW.

I suspect there is some sort of linking error where the UI loads the vi.lib version and then TestStand tries to load the deployment version.

The path to vi.lib should be the same on the operator account and my development account. I've tried to eliminate any access rights issues in that directory.

The UI is being deployed as an EXE with the TestStand Deployment Utility.

I thought the RunTime Engine would be installed for all User's on the target machine. I'll look into that. You wouldn't happen to have the link for the LabVIEW2011 Runtime handy? I've had some difficulty finding the right one on the NI website.

EDIT: Found the Runtime. Will double check to make sure it is available on the target for all users. It's strange though since I get through a bunch of VI calls before this one hangs. If it were a missing runtime, I'd expect for it to fail on the first VI step.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,150 Views)

Thinking more about this, I think there is a packed library which is getting loaded which causes conflicts with the actual item in vi.lib.

Checking now to see if I can keep everything in the packed library.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,145 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Taki1999

That sounds similar to the issue discussed here: Why do I get Error -17006 when Loading a VI from a Packed Project Library in TestStand?

This article also discusses error code 14.

Taylor B.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,143 Views)

Yup. Turned out to be a packed library issue.

I replaced my vi.lib VI call with a call to a wrapper VI in the packed library and that solved the dependencies.

Thanks for the assistance.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,138 Views)

Glad to hear it worked!

Taylor B.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,134 Views)