From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a .NET dll through LabVIEW and TestStand

Solved!
Go to solution

I have my application all programmed and it works beautifully, except:

My company uses a merged .NET dll (testset.dll) for all of our calls to instruments.  We also use a custom UI through TestStand to manage all of our test process and results. I'm making calls from TestStand to individual test modules created in LabVIEW that perform the actual tests.

When I run the system without the testset.dll loaded into the Windows 7 GAC, with direct calls to the testset.dll file, everything works fine.

When I add "install" the dll so that it now resides in the GAC and add in the config file to the projects where applicable for the instruments, LabVIEW is happy, no broken VIs. Also if I do an analysis of the sequence(s) in TestStand, it reports no errors and all VIs are all loadable. (can't run it from here though).

When I try to run the system starting from our custom UI, I get errors where ever I try to call the testset.dll:  "... The specified .NET class is not available in LabVIEW."

I suspect that I have to add a config file for specifying the correct dll version to use, just like I did for the LabVIEW project, but this time add it to somewhere in the TestStand calls?  Maybe where the sequence file is? Or would it go where the LabVIEW runtime engine is? (I don't so much believe that because then the runtime engine would be limited to that dll only.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,352 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author m3rl3n

Resolved:  Put the LabVIEW project file in the project path for each vi call.  It forces the project configuration file to be called and resolves the issue.

Message 2 of 2
(2,331 Views)