NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using LabVIEW algorithms on CTD test

Solved!
Go to solution

On my recent run of CTD, I got 18% because my LabVIEW algorithm didn't transfer to their tester.  On my side, I zipped and unzipped the code 4 times to make sure it worked...

My question is, has anyone successfully used LabVIEW code on the CTD test?  If so, how did you do it?

CLA
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(337 Views)

By LV algo, do you mean the drivers provided by NI to build the sequence?

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(321 Views)

I mean an algorithm performed on the data retrieved from the simulated instruments.

CLA
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(319 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author UnholyPenguin

You will be implementing all the logic in the Sequence itself. It should not depend on any user-developed external code.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Message 4 of 9
(317 Views)

Well, I guess I have A LOT to learn than 😅

CLA
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(315 Views)

@santo_13 wrote:

You will be implementing all the logic in the Sequence itself. It should not depend on any user-developed external code.

Santo, do you have any advice for learning more TestStand syntax? Small practice tests like the CLD 1-18 practice cases?

I took the live training course and did the practice exam 5 times.  However, I found they did very little to teach me the complex TestStand algorithms that were needed for the real test.  I'm finding all TestStand resources to be deprecated/link down/host website down when researching old CTD practice questions.

CLA
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(270 Views)

CTD is straightforward compared to the requirements of CLD. On the other hand, on-the-job experience with TestStand will help you pass the exam rather than just the training or practice tests.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(267 Views)

@santo_13 wrote:

CTD is straightforward compared to the requirements of CLD. On the other hand, on-the-job experience with TestStand will help you pass the exam rather than just the training or practice tests.

I think on the job I would use LabVIEW or Python to write algorithms. I thought TestStand was supposed to be a sequencer to plug-in algorithms from existing programming languages! 😅  I guess I'll go through forums and try to answer some community questions for practice

CLA
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(265 Views)

@UnholyPenguin wrote:

@santo_13 wrote:

I think on the job I would use LabVIEW or Python to write algorithms. I thought TestStand was supposed to be a sequencer to plug-in algorithms from existing programming languages! 😅  I guess I'll go through forums and try to answer some community questions for practice

You're correct. In the scope of CTD, since the choice of programming language will vary, code module is provided out of box and the developer is expected to focus on using the existing code module in the sequence and thereby they can evaluate only the TestStand knowledge and not how you implement logic in the code module.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(257 Views)