From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Manager/Globals with Depolyed TestStand System

Here is a question(s) I hope someone can answer.....

Once I have a deployed Teststand System, how do I easily add operators to the test setup if the development system isn't installed. Can it be done locally?

Also, a few COM port settings in my system globals can vary depending on the PC it is installed on. To change these, I think all I need to do is create a sequence file to prompt the user for the new com port. But how can I do that without loading the station model first? I just want to run the sequence independantly.

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,540 Views)

Ryan,

One option would be to deploy the fully featured user interface. You can get more information on deployments through chapter 14 of the teststand reference manual. It will allow you to edit variables, add operators, etc. You can also run a sequence without running the process model by going to execute » run main sequence. This will bypass the model entry points. Another way but more difficult would be to directly call into TestStand's active X server through labview/cvi/measurement studio and add users and manipulate variables through the TestStand API. 

Richard S -- National Instruments -- (former) Applications Engineer -- Data Acquisition with TestStand
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,516 Views)

Thanks Richard. That answers my question about the user interface.

However, referring to bypassing the model. Once I have just the deployment license running, I don't believe I can just run the mainsequence so I would need to code it into the sequence somehow.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,514 Views)

You can use the main sequence entry point when you deploy with the fully featured user interface. C:\Program Files\National Instruments\TestStand 4.2\UserInterfaces\Full-Featured

If you like you can also call entry points using the TestStand API and directly interfacing with the Active X server. http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/55DB46310B17F6DA86256CDA007720A9

Message Edited by Snowman 6008 on 02-01-2010 01:13 PM
Richard S -- National Instruments -- (former) Applications Engineer -- Data Acquisition with TestStand
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,487 Views)
To run a sequence independently and without a model you could just call it from the Tools menu.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,480 Views)