NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save the GOOP object reference for reuse in test sequence

Hi,

I am using TestStand 2010 to execute LabView 8.6 VI's created by GOOP.

I am trying to figure out how to save the GOOP object out parameter from the GOOP VI's so that I only need to init the GOOP class once.

When I add a GOOP VI to a sequence the 'object in' and 'object out' parameter is grayed out.

The reason I would like to keep the GOOP reference is because I have instrument references stored in it, and instead of re-initialize the class every time it would be easier to pass the reference around.

Of course I could fetch the instrument references before closing the class and add support for initialize the class with existing intrument references instead, but first I want to be sure if there is a way to save the GOOP object reference.

Maybe I should mention that I think the GOOP object is a merely a cluster of data which has it's contents defined in a .lvclass file (but I'm out on thin ice on this topic, and it might be a little more complex then this).

BR

Martin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,075 Views)

Hi,

I dont bother returning the the reference back to TestStand but keep it in memory by use using a FVG. But if you want to return it you could try Flattened to String.

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,049 Views)

What is a FVG

/Bjarne

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,007 Views)

Functional global variable

Rodéric L