From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save the GOOP object reference for reuse in test sequence

Hi,

I am using TestStand 2010 to execute LabView 8.6 VI's created by GOOP.

I am trying to figure out how to save the GOOP object out parameter from the GOOP VI's so that I only need to init the GOOP class once.

When I add a GOOP VI to a sequence the 'object in' and 'object out' parameter is grayed out.

The reason I would like to keep the GOOP reference is because I have instrument references stored in it, and instead of re-initialize the class every time it would be easier to pass the reference around.

Of course I could fetch the instrument references before closing the class and add support for initialize the class with existing intrument references instead, but first I want to be sure if there is a way to save the GOOP object reference.

Maybe I should mention that I think the GOOP object is a merely a cluster of data which has it's contents defined in a .lvclass file (but I'm out on thin ice on this topic, and it might be a little more complex then this).

BR

Martin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,076 Views)

Hi,

I dont bother returning the the reference back to TestStand but keep it in memory by use using a FVG. But if you want to return it you could try Flattened to String.

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,050 Views)

What is a FVG

/Bjarne

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,008 Views)

Functional global variable

Rodéric L