Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Serial Numbers

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello Community,

Teststand 2014 32bit

I currently have a working sequence file that scans a single barcode and records that serial number to the report using "Locals.Barcode = RunState.Root.Locals.UUT.SerialNumber". Then it logs the serial number to a database using Schema for result processing.

Whereas before I was testing only a single control, now in my sequence file I need to test 10 controls at once. Each control has a different pass/fail result and serial number. I want to be able to scan all 10 barcodes at the beginning of my sequence. Then run through the pass/fail test of my 10 controls. In the report(s) to have all the barcodes together with their control. Also, to have each barcode with the control result logged to my database.

How do I go about doing what I already have for one control, but with 10 controls in one sequence file?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(5,808 Views)
Solution
Accepted by MechUnit

Is "control" a synonym for Unit Under Test?

If so, you want to use either parallel or batch model to create 10 Testsockets. Each socket presents a single DUT (device under test, synonym for unit under test, uut). Please note that your sequence has to be prepared for parallel execution which means that shared resources must be protected and synchronization between the sockets might be necessary.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(5,786 Views)

Yes, my control is the UUT.

I have not done that model before. Do you happen to have any examples or references?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(5,779 Views)

There are some examples availables in the TestStand examples folder. Also you might want to search online for tutorials/white papers regarding parallel testing using NI TestStand.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(5,776 Views)

Could you provide more details?

Does each unit under test has it own hardware to test or are you going to share instruments.?

Batch and Paralell are your best bet since you can configure the # of sockets and you could enter the serial # in there. Remember each test socket or unit under test has its own execution. You will get a detailed report per serial number and you could get another overall report with just pass and fail...

The testand manual explains all the parallel and batch testing models

CLAD, CTD
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(5,773 Views)

I am currently researching which model is best for my sequence.

The 10 UUT are sharing hardware. It is not an extensive test, after 30 seconds I plan to use a DMM to cycle through the 10 UUT, with a switch card, to take an ohm measurement. Any suggestions on whether Batch or Paralell would be best in my case?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(5,769 Views)

Seems the Parallel method is best for sharing hardware

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(5,765 Views)

I made a new sequence file in order to create a simple example.

I want to use the execute "single pass"

Instead of doing 10 right away, I switched my test socket number to 2.

I am having trouble with scanning all my barcodes upfront first before all the individual tests run.

Also, matching the barcode I scan with the appropriate test socket number.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(5,753 Views)

What is the module you use for scanning the barcode? Is that a popup dialog instructing an operator?

You can use the RunState.TestSockets.MyIndex to identify the socket you are currently executing. Use this number to scan the correct barcode.

Norbert

Norbert
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(5,734 Views)

That is correct. I ended up figuring it out last night.

I do have a popup dialog instructing an operator to scan the barcode and I have it linked to the appropriate test socket index.

I ended up going with a batch method. Even though my UUTs are sharing equipment, the switch card is keeping them from accessing the equipment at the same time. As a batch, I was able to scan all the barcodes first and then run through my steps with no problems.

Thank you all for your help. 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(5,724 Views)