From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Teststand able to install and implement on Linux system

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I was using Testsand on windows before,

Just want to know that if NI Teststand able to install and implement on Linux/Unix system?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,526 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author liuqing

Since TestStand is an ActiveX Server and i am not aware of any well written ActiveX wrappers for Linux, i doubt that it will work.

Officially, TestStand is only supported for Windows. So if you achieve by any what-so-ever-open-source-code to install and run TestStand on Linux, you wont get any support from NI if anything unexpected happens.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Message 2 of 4
(5,515 Views)

Thanks Norbert~

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,390 Views)

Has the advent of .NET Core on Linux changed anything in this respect?

Like, re-implementing TestStand based on .NET Core or using a COM infrastructure which may possibly lie underneath .NET Core on Linux (although this https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/standard/native-interop/cominterop points into the direction that COM is only supported in .NET Core on Windows).

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,085 Views)