From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initialize numeric array to a sequence of values

Solved!
Go to solution

Is there a way of using TestStand array expressions to achieve the functionality that LabVIEW ramp by delta function has: https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/how-to-best-initialize-array-to-sequence-of-values/m-p/3360005/high...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,716 Views)

Hi SumitN,

The attached sequence file uses a for loop with an expression to generate a similar vector to the ramp by delta but this begs the question: why wouldn't you just use that function in LabVIEW and output the result back to TestStand?

Regards,
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,684 Views)
Solution
Accepted by SumitN

Hi SumitN,

If you wanted to do this within TestStand, rather than call a LabVIEW VI, it can be easily be implemented through a Statement step:

Create Ramp Data - Sequence.PNG

This can be achieved by configuring the expressions and looping as follows:

Create Ramp Data - Expressions.PNG

Create Ramp Data - Looping.PNG

I've attached an example sequence with the above step included.

I hope this helps.

Charlie Rodway | Principal Software Engineer | Certified TestStand Architect (CTA)

Computer Controlled Solutions Ltd | NI Silver Alliance Partner | GDevCon#1 Sponsor

Message 3 of 7
(2,675 Views)

@DJColeslaw

Creating a VI just to create a array of sequential values seems an overkill since this seems like a simple task which can be done in TestStand expressions. All I need is an array with an increment/delta of 1. The other option is to call "Ramp pattern by delta.vi" from vi.lib in program files but this will create a headache for me for deployment.

I wasnt able to open your sequence since its in TestStand 2017 whereas I am at 2016.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,660 Views)

@CharlieRodway

Thanks this was what I was looking for.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,658 Views)

No problem, glad I could help! Smiley Happy

Charlie Rodway | Principal Software Engineer | Certified TestStand Architect (CTA)

Computer Controlled Solutions Ltd | NI Silver Alliance Partner | GDevCon#1 Sponsor

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,655 Views)

@SumitN,

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the version conflict! That definitely makes sense, I just wanted to understand your use case in case there are additional alternatives which weren't being covered. Sounds like a simple looping statement will cover it for you, though. Have a good one!

Regards,
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,642 Views)