NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to populate a TestStand List Box from a LabView VI?

Solved!
Go to solution

I agree, not using the TestStand UI at all makes you miss out on a lot of the features that TestStand provides.

I will give the TestStand UI a shot, having a button where you get a popup and put your configurations seems ok.

There is an interest in having data being persistent between runs, so i will go with saving configurations to file.

After a bit of searching and trying, i cannot seem to find how to open a LabVIEW VI from a TestStand UI button, do you have an example or a pointer as to how this is done?

Or did you mean having the configure button in a separate LabVIEW UI? And then starting the TestStand UI from the LabVIEW UI?

I have seen that you can start a TestStand UI and open a certain sequence file through command line arguments.

This could be another solution, to set up the test in a LabVIEW GUI and then start the TestStand UI from it, and have it read parameters from file.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(1,619 Views)

You can mix and match TestStand and LabVIEW controls on the same front panel.  I figured the button would just be a LabVIEW button that opened a LabVIEW dialog.  No TestStand on that portion of the  GUI.

However, use the manager controls and TestStand controls to execute the sequence and display status to the user.

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
Message 12 of 13
(1,616 Views)

Oh, of course.

Thank you for all your replies!

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(1,611 Views)