NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to group data types?

Solved!
Go to solution

How can I group my custom data type like IVI and LabVIEW types visible below?

bienieck_0-1670232798038.png

Should I look for some hidden attributes?

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
Message 1 of 3
(1,014 Views)

I'm crosslinking the idea exchange: https://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-TestStand-Idea-Exchange/Add-tree-structure-to-data-type-menu/idi-p/20163...

Idk what is going on here... The feature is clearly there for years, but in 2019 it was marked as Under Consideration???

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(913 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bienieck

I figured that SeqEdit uses preinstalled (probably hardcoded) prefixes to group some built-in types. It will group types with names beginning with "LabVIEW" and "NI_Ivi" (perhaps there are others as well). IVI grouping works even if you don't have those steps installed.

It is currently impossible to create custom groups.

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Message 3 of 3
(897 Views)