From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to deploy (by using TestStand) Labssh to a computer with Labview runtime engine

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,
I bought Labssh license (professional one with deployment license), and tried to use it together with TestStand and Labview.
In the development PC which has TestStand and Labview development version, Labssh works successfully. But after I deploy (deploy an installer by using a TestStand deployment utility) it to a test PC, an error occurs as below:  

“Failed to load VI 'D:\project\MIO_labview\MySSHTest\Projects\IP67\SSHTestSW\SSHinit.vi' in the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine version '17.0.1f1'.

LabVIEW:  The VI is not executable.  This error may occur because the VI is either broken or contains a subVI that LabVIEW cannot locate. Select File>>Open to open the VI and verify that you can run it.
=========================
LabVIEW:  The VI is not executable.  This error may occur because the VI is either broken or contains a subVI that LabVIEW cannot locate. Select File>>Open to open the VI and verify that you can run it.

VI Path: D:\project\MIO_labview\MySSHTest\Projects\IP67\SSHTestSW\SSHinit.vi”

My PC configuration is as follows:
Development PC: Labview 2017 sp1 (professional license), TestStand 2017 (development license), Labssh 2.5, windows 10 system.
Test PC: Labview 2017 sp1 Runtime Engine, TestStand 2017(Base Engine license), windowns 10 system.

I tried to deploy (by using labview) an executable of the labssh demo.vi, it works successfully.
I tried to deploy an installer of the labssh demo and see if it works,  I could not run labssh demo.vi because the test PC has only labview Runtime Engine as expected.
 In TestStand, what I build from the development PC is an installer, not executable (not possible to build executable). In the deployment in the test PC, labSSH.lic is installed under C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2017\vi.lib\Labwerx\labSSH\, labSSH.dll is installed under  C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2017\resource\, i.e. the same directory as the development PC. I used the C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2017\vi.lib\Labwerx\labSSH\labSSH.lic as the default path for Init.vi.  
The same error occurs. I tried also put labSSH.dll to the directory of the project, or the same folder of  Init.vi, it still did not work.
I tried also copy labssh.lic to SupportVIs, and set the path accordingly, it still did not work.
I believe it’s a license/deployment issue.
I tried to contact labwerx, the response from them is very slow. I'm wondering anybody here has experience of using Labssh with TestStand, especially deploy labssh to a Test PC which has only Labview Runtime Engine and TestStand Base Engine license. 
Any answer is appreciated. 
Thank you very much for your time!
With best wishes
Mingyuexin
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,365 Views)

Hello,

When you build your installer with TSDU, how are you deploying your LabVIEW code? In LabVIEW Options, are you choosing PPL? 

Have you seen the following tutorial - http://www.ni.com/tutorial/9923/en/?

Before you deployed your code, did you try to run your test sequences with the LabVIEW run time engine adapter instead of the development environment? 

I would also take a look at this help documentation - https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370052R-01/tsdeploysystem/infotopics/processinglvfiles/

Also take a look at this KB and try out the steps.

Let me know if this helps and what steps you try. 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,328 Views)

Hi Roxana, 

Thank you very much for the reply. 

I did not use PPL, also I tried run the test sequence with Labview runtime engine instead of the development environment, it was successful. 

I read all the links (very usefull links) given by you, and tried different strategies mentioned, no success. 

Best wishes

Mingyuexin

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,321 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Mingyuexin

Hi, 

By playing around, the issue is solved. 

Actually the labssh.dll should be put in the same directory as the VI that calls labssh VI. 

Mingyuexin

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,319 Views)