From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Executions UI Control. Is it real?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi folks,

I'm studying for my CTA exam, and I'm looking through a lot of minutia related to TestStand UI Controls.

I know I'm going to sound pedantic...

I'm looking at the TestStand UI Controls Reference Poster, 373423d, August 2012. (seems to be the latest?)

I see under the orange "Manager Controls" section an object called "Executions".

When I attempt to create an Executions UI Control it does not appear to exist. I went back as far as TestStand 2012 SP1, and I couldn't create this object back then.

Is this a real object, or is it a hypothetical that never came to fruition? If it's real, how do I create one?

Executions.png

Thanks as always,

Mr. Jim

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(958 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mr._Jim

I would recommend to use this: https://www.ni.com/docs/en-US/bundle/teststand/page/tsuiref/reftopics/tsuiobjects.htm

Instead of these posters. You will find there that Executions is a collection of Execution objects return by app manager control. So it is not a control but an object that can be returned from a control.

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
Message 2 of 4
(929 Views)

Thanks Michał, that's a much better idea.

How long has that diamond been there erroneously?! 🤔

I'll miss the color coding of the poster, but the article is much more readable on a screen, anyway.

Thanks very much!

Jim

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(889 Views)

Yes, the diamond seems to be an error. It happens in TS docs. R&D in NI doesn't love TS as much as LabVIEW, I guess.

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(872 Views)