NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in step: instrument reserve (-6 user defined code)

I'm doing the training couse of teststand.

Could anybody help me with this error please?

1.png

Thanks so much.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,557 Views)

Hi cristina.lopez,

this happens when the reference to the instument has not been properly closed.

When this error occurs, select Run Clean UP instead of Abort to make TestStand close the opened references properly.

Regards,

Message 2 of 9
(3,523 Views)

I still have the Problem. I tried just to run the clean up , but does not work. Could you share how did you solve the issue with me please?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,090 Views)

Hi,

I have the same problem, can anyone help with it?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,058 Views)

Did you highlight the Close DMM step in the Cleanup and then run Selected Step. Don’t run the whole sequence. 

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,053 Views)

Do you have a Soft Front Panel for the device open? Or do you have a test panel in MAX open to the instrument?

If you aborted your TestStand sequence with an open session, it is possible that the resource was leaked. Try restarting LabVIEW and TestStand.

If none of that works, try rebooting the computer. The resource is clearly tied up somewhere, but a reboot is quickest way to recover.

If it does not work after a reboot, then the system is in a really bad state, and you should try working with the device in MAX to verify it functions normally.

- Regards,

Beutlich
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,047 Views)

Hi,

In the setup step of the main sequence, you have initialised DMM, Power supply and Scope. 

Add value for DMM out = FileGlobals.Instruments.DMM

Power Supply out = FileGlobals.Instruments.PowerSupply

Scope out = FileGlobals.Instruments.Scope

Re-run the main sequence, and everything will be OK.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,043 Views)

I got same error , but it is resolved by changing Power supply reference from "PowerSupply" to "Power Supply".

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,457 Views)

I got it! I've been struggling with the same thing for a few hours. 

The Initialize DMM is working fine. Its the Shut Down DMM that is not functioning properly for me. The "Synchronization" in the Shut Down DMM needs to be set to "Serial (one thread at a time)" or it will only close the first instance and future runs will fail.

PS: You may need to open the Shut Down DMM VI and use it on DMM0 and DMM1 before this fix will take effect.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(1,759 Views)