From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Step Type: Sequence Call

OK, I'm primarily a LabVIEW programmer, but in TestStand I understand how to:
* Create a Custom Step Type
* Link a LabVIEW Module for execution, post substep, edit substep, etc.
* Prevent the user from selecting a different module for an instance of my Custom Step Type.
All good stuff.

Now here's what I want to do: the exact same thing, except that I want the custom step to call a subsequence instead of a LabVIEW VI during execution. Yes, I want to use a LabVIEW VI for the edit substep (to set certain parameters for this instance of the subsequence call. Yes, I want to use a LabVIEW VI for the post substep.

Can this be done?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,218 Views)

Hi,

Short answer, yes.

When you create your step type, for the Specify Module you would use a SequcenceCall Adapter instead of your labview adapter.

You would have to have your sequencefile with your sequences already created seperately and you would set the sequencefile not to use a process model in the sequencefile properties.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,212 Views)

Great!

Only problem is: I don't see any "Sequence Call Adapter". I am looking on the General tab of the Custom Step Type Properties, under "Designate an Adapter". Sequence Call is not an option. (I am using TS3.5)

When I select "None", which was my other guess, then the "Specify Module" button disappears.

How exactly do I set it up?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,207 Views)

10 Things,

The reason you do not see the sequence call adapter is because it is hidden by default.
Go to Configure->Adapters and uncheck the 'Hidden' check box for the sequence call adapter.

Regards

Antonio Lie

Message 4 of 6
(4,201 Views)
Great, thanks. I'll try it out...
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,185 Views)

The answer from Antonio Lie above should be marked as the answer/resolution to the question

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,570 Views)