From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A UUT error occurred. Item is locked, protected, or in use and cannot be deleted.

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm getting the following error after executing a .NET action step within a sub sequence. I can't figure out. If I step through the .NET code, everything appears fine. If I step through the sequence, everything seems fine until I step out of the sub sequence. I can't figure out what is causing this. I'm using TestStand 2010 SP1. I have reporting disabled. Here is the error message:

Error executing sequence file: A UUT error occurred. Item is locked, protected, or in use and cannot be deleted. Error accessing item 'ResultList'.

I would appreciate any ideas. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,865 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Skeptical

Was this sequence file saved in TestStand 2016 at some point? The 'Not Deletable' flag was added to that property in 2016 to prevent some equally confusing behavior if you accidentally delete that local variable. Unfortunately, this caused a bug if you back-save that file for a previous version because that flag isn't removed. That bug was fixed in 2016 SP1.

Check the flags on Locals.ResultList for "Not Deletable" (right click » Advanced » Edit Flags). If it exists, you'll need to remove it from all subsequences if you want them to run in any version before 2016.

Hope this helps!

Trent

https://www.linkedin.com/in/trentweaver
Message 2 of 4
(2,816 Views)

That was exactly the issue. I was able to clear the flag and things work fine now. Thank you very much!!!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,808 Views)

I had the exact same issue today (12 Feb 2023). The solution worked like a charm. Many thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(894 Views)