From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI Linux Real-Time Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Silex SX-SDCAN2 Bluetooth Support with SOM

Greetings,

I'm developing a SOM carrier board and need both Wifi and Bluetooth. There is some great information in this forum about how to get the Wifi working but I have not seen anything relative to the Bluetooth portion of the Silex SX-SDCAN2 module. Is it possible to use the Bluetooth portion of this module with the NI Real-Time Kernel? The only profile I need is SPP. Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks.

-Brent

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,227 Views)

The in-kernel BT protocol handling is not enabled in the shipping NI Linux RT kernels as there's been little interest. Of course, I may be a little biased, but building and booting a new kernel  is relatively easy, following the instructions on the github page (adjust if you're not using the 15.0 software stack)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,713 Views)

Hmm, I just checked NI's 2015 feeds and, sadly, they don't have the userspace side of the equation (bluez-utils). This means that you'd need to rebuild the kernel as well as build the packages for the userspace side (detailed here). If there's sufficient interest in such features, that's certainly a possibility but the demand needs to be there prior to justify the investment.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,713 Views)