NI Linux Real-Time Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building & installing a package - Libusb

Solved!
Go to solution

In a recent previous post I asked about using the d2xx ftdi drivers. I'm now at the stage of trying to install libusb (a dependent package) on my system.

I've installed the build tools:

opkg gcc gcc-symlinks

And I've downloaded the source from http://www.libusb.org/wiki/libusb-1.0 and put it on the target. Following the instructions in 'install' file I've then tried calling './configure' but get told 'permission denied'. I then tried running 'make install' but get told 'No rule to make target 'install'. Stop'.

I'm now stuck. Can anyone help me understand how to build & install the package please, I've not done it before.

Thanks,

Martin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,570 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MartinMcD

If you are using the 2014 or 2015 software release on your target then I believe libusb is available in the feeds provided by NI and no compilation should be needed.

Try running:

opkg update

opkg install libusb-1.0-0

And if you want the development bits:

opkg install libusb-1.0-dev

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,866 Views)

I ran 'chmod a+x -R ./configure' which meant ./configure would then run although it reported an error.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,866 Views)

Ahh great, thank you. I'd tried opkg install libusb but now libusb-1.1-0. That's installed now, great.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,866 Views)

Sorry I didn't make that clearer in your previous post, MartinMcD. Thanks gratian.crisan

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,866 Views)