cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Capture

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

Can I capture and save screen images of NI Linux RT? If I should install some kind of plugins, please let me know.

Best Regards

CTA, CLA
SuninCNS
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,430 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Joonam

I just wanted to get some clarification: you want to take a screenshot of a LVRT target that is x64-based with the UI enabled, correct? This changes the answer, but I would imagine most people would care about that instead of taking a screenshot of the terminal (which is possible)

Assuming you care about taking a screenshot of a UI-enabled target, the question becomes "how do you need to trigger a screenshot? Programmatically? Manually? Both?"

If you need to programmatically screenshot, I'd recommend installing the imagemajick package, which comes with the import program which allows you to take a screenshot (of the whole desktop, of a particular window, or of a particular region of the screen. You could call the program from a System Exec VI.

If you simply want to add a manual way to take a screenshot that is a bit more user-friendly, it looks like there aren't any options in the NI feed for 2014. You can either install the toolchain to you target and build a simple GUI-based screen shot program or attempt to use the package in the 2015 feed repo (note: This is not supported, has not been tested, and is likely to have issues).  Since the architecture definition changed, you won't be able to directly install the package as things stand, you'd have to adjust the /etc/opk/arch.conf or manually extract and install the package yourself.

So, I'd recommend using imagemajick.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,412 Views)

Hello, BradM

I prefer to manual way. I want to take a picture of the UI when I press the Print Screen Key. I tried to install the feed but failed. Below is the detailed message.

bash-4.2# opkg install http://download.ni.com/ni-linux-rt/feeds/2015/x64/ipk/core2-64/xfce4-screenshooter_1.8.1-r0.11_core2...

Downloading http://download.ni.com/ni-linux-rt/feeds/2015/x64/ipk/core2-64/xfce4-screenshooter_1.8.1-r0.11_core2....

Unknown package 'xfce4-screenshooter'.

Collected errors:

* pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Packages for xfce4-screenshooter found, but incompatible with the architectures configured

* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package xfce4-screenshooter.

Would you show me the way of adjusting arch.conf?

CTA, CLA
SuninCNS
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,412 Views)

Add a line to the /etc/opkg/arch.conf for the new architecture, namely core2-64. Something like

arch core2-64 1

This will add the architecture to your opkg configuration with a low priority. Alternately, you can use opkg itself with

"opkg --add-arch core2-64:1"

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,412 Views)

I decided to wait for official release of 2015 feeds. Please let me know if something's changed.

CTA, CLA
SuninCNS
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,412 Views)