NI Linux Real-Time Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not all files are being copied when using RAD tool on the cRIO-9068, but those files make it into the image ...

Hello,

It appears that after making modifications to files on the cRIO-9068 running 2014.1 and then generating an image with the RAD tool, not all files are copied from the image to the new targe device.

I modified a file /etc/natinst/share/iptables.conf on cRIO-9068 A.  I then made an image of that device.  Confirmed that the file was actually added to the image (by looking in the image file tar.gz archive).  When deploying to the cRIO-9068 B, the file was NOT copied, even though it existed within the image.

Why?  How do I prevent this in the future? Where is the list of files that do and do not get copied?  How do I modify this list?

It would be very inconvenient if we had to run post-imaging scripts on all of our devices, as there are lots of them.

Thanks,

-TD

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,030 Views)

Hi TD,

What are your deployment settings for IP configuration?

There are a couple of options, as pictured below:

targetConfigurationOptions.PNG

If something is selected other than "apply the network configuration found in the image", then the related files will be blacklisted when the image is applied.

Are you noticing any other files that aren't been applied properly to the target?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,662 Views)