cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create screw terminal block in Multisim

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I'm looking for a screw terminal block in Multisim to be used for laying out a wiring diagram. Do these exist or would have to create it? If I would have to create it, does anyone have a simple way to do so (I've never had a to create a component, etc. in Multisim before)?

Thanks for your help.

Mike

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Miami University
Instrumentation Laboratory

CLA Logo
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(12,500 Views)
Solution
Accepted by weeksmr

Hi Mike,

What's your Multisim version? There are some screw terminal block in version 13 in the Connectors Group, TERMINAL_BLOCKS Family.

If the component you need is not available you could use the Component Wizard (Tools menu) to create a Layout only component. Have in mind that you man need to create a custom footprint. For your reference here are two tutorials:

Creating a Custom Component in NI Multisim

Creating a Custom Component in NI Ultiboard

Notice that the first tutorial is for the creation of simulatable components, in your case you don't need a SPICE model for the screw terminal.

Here is another tip. If you can't find the screw terminal in Multisim but you find a similar component, you can simply edit it. Just place the similar part, open its Properties window (right-click), select the Value tab y then click on Edit component in DB. After editing this component you will have to save it your User Database.

Hope this helps Mike.

Fernando D.
National Instruments

Message 2 of 5
(12,496 Views)

Hi Fernando,

I'm using Multisim 13, with all of the most updates that are available.

Thanks for the help, this should help in pointing me in the right direction. It would be great on future versions if there would be a screw terminal\barrier strip component - we use them quite a bit, not sure if others do as well?

Thanks again!

Mike

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Miami University
Instrumentation Laboratory

CLA Logo
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(12,494 Views)

Great, I'll take note on your request. If possible, please sends your request via our Product Suggestion Center.

Have a nice day,

Fernando D.
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(12,491 Views)

I am using Multisim 14.1. I want to add terminal block 282858-2 to my Multisim. how can I add? and I want to know how to do copper poring in Ultiboard

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,139 Views)