From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

retriggerable digital output strange behavior

Solved!
Go to solution

I have created a digital edge retriggerable digital output (finite) task as the following: (in DAQmx C)

DAQmxCreateTask("",&_taskHandle);
DAQmxCreateDOChan(_taskHandle,"/Dev2/port0/line6","",DAQmx_Val_ChanPerLine);
DAQmxCfgSampClkTiming(_taskHandle,"/Dev2/Ctr0InternalOutput",_clockRate,DAQmx_Val_Rising,DAQmx_Val_FiniteSamps,static_cast<uInt64>(_sampleCount));
DAQmxCfgOutputBuffer(_taskHandle,static_cast<uInt32>(_sampleCount));    
DAQmxCfgDigEdgeStartTrig(_taskHandle,"/Dev2/PFI4" ,DAQmx_Val_Rising);
DAQmxSetStartTrigRetriggerable(_taskHandle,true);
DAQmxWriteDigitalLines(_taskHandle,static_cast<int32>(_sampleCount),FALSE,-1,DAQmx_Val_GroupByChannel,_pDigital,NULL,NULL);
DAQmxStartTask(_taskHandle);

///// sample clock:

DAQmxCreateTask("", &_taskHandleCO);
DAQmxCreateCOPulseChanFreq(_taskHandleCO, "/Dev2/ctr0", "", DAQmx_Val_Hz, DAQmx_Val_Low, 0.0, _clockRate, 0.5);
DAQmxCfgImplicitTiming (_taskHandleCO, DAQmx_Val_ContSamps, _numSamples);
DAQmxStartTask(_taskHandleCO);

When I run the task without setting retriggerable, it output correct signal. However, if I run with retriggerable, it output almost exact 2 times faster than normal. For example, a pulse with width of 10 ms became 5 ms, and repeat itself again to be 2 pulse of 5 ms. It is repeatable no matter how many or how fast the triggers supplied.

My card is PCIe-6363. I don't know what causes this strange behavior, and hopefully someone can help on this.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,913 Views)

Hi,

Have you check the example of DAQmx in C about a Retriggerable task? 

Look for it at the attachments. In this example it comes how to do a retriggerable task with DAQmx C. Try implementing the Retriggerable function as they do in this example. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,864 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author skuo1008

It goes away after reset configuration. Might be worthwhile for future notice.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,828 Views)

Hi! 

Please mark your post as the solution so it can be used for future reference. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,784 Views)