cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connect multiple signals to NI USB-6341 card

Solved!
Go to solution

Hallo,

I am trying to connect several signals to NI USB-6341  card.

this card has 16 channels but not 32 available pins.

for example if i want to connect a signal to channel 0  i connect to pins 1 and 2 and for channel 8 i have to connect to channels 2 and 3.

if i only connect channels 0-7 it works but if then i connect channel 8 i don't get the actual value for this signal.

any ideas?

thank you

theodoros

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,996 Views)

Hallo,

sorry i had some errors in my previous post

I am trying to connect several Analogue signals to NI USB-6341  card.

this card has 16 channels but not 32 available pins.

for example if i want to connect a signal to channel 0  i connect to pins 1 and 2 and for channel 8 i have to connect to pins 2 and 3.

if i only connect channels 0-7 it works but if then i connect channel 8 i don't get the actual value for this signal.

any ideas?

thank you

theodoros

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,991 Views)

theodoros,

The USB-6341 has 16 AI channels.  However, as noted in the specificiations these can be paired up and used as 8 differential channels or used individually as 16 single ended channels.  It sounds like you are attempting differential measurements, as you refer to needing 32 pins.  If this is truly what you need, then you should consider the USB-6343 which has 32 AI channels (16 differential pairs, or 32 singled ended channels).  If you can use single ended measurements (ie... all your signals share a common ground reference), then the 6341 should work fine.  You'd need to connect your ground reference to pin 13 (AI SENSE), and then each of your signals up to one of the AI channels.  You would then need to specify the terminal configuration of your measurement to be 'NRSE' (Non-Referenced Single Ended).  If your signals share a common ground with the 6341, you can omit the connection to to pin 13, and specify the terminal configuration as 'RSE' (Referenced Single Ended).

Hope that helps,

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,984 Views)

Hallo,

thank you for the reply. In fact i have 6 signals that share the same ground and another four differential ones. Is this configuration possible with this card? and how could i do it?

thank you in advance,

theodoros

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,975 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author theodoros

theodoros,

This sounds like it should work.  Basically, you'll have to use AI0-3 and AI8-11 for your four differential signals.  This leaves you AI4-7 and AI12-15 free for single ended operation.  The terminal configuration can be set on a per channel basis.  To do this, you can use DAQmx Create Channel multiple times to add channels with different configuration to your task.  If you need details on this, let me know what environment you're going to be programming in and I'll see if I can provide more specific help.

Hope that helps,

Dan

Message 5 of 7
(3,970 Views)

Hallo,

i tried as you said and it works.

thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,943 Views)

Hi,

I have ni usb 6341, the wires are connected with AI0 (pin 1), AI1 (pin 4), AI2 (pin 7), AI14 (pin 24), AI15 (pin 27) and AI GND as analogue input and AO0 (pin 15) as analogue output, now I want to replicate this connection in flex logger and configure those channels in flex logger, can you please help me in this regard.

With Regards,

Abhishek Mondal 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(202 Views)