Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using DAQ from National Instruments

Hi, I am looking to read analog input readings using USB-6353. Does this have python support for automated logging? If so, I have installed nidaqmx but receive an error about not being able to load "nicaiu" module. I am using python 3.9 and would like to use this.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(1,134 Views)

I did download the hardware package but now see the error raise DAQError or DaqError(error_buffer.value.decode("utf-8"). I have tried running the following code:

import nidaqmx
with nidaqmx.Task() as task:
    task.ai_channels.add_ai_voltage_chan("Dev1/ai0")
    task.read()

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(1,068 Views)

I have downloaded hardware package and now do not see nicaiu missing module error. Can someone point me to link where I can read python analog voltage example? I get raise DAQerror when trying to add ai voltage chan on Dev1/ai0.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(1,102 Views)

Please provide all the missing information.

OS, bitness, DAQmx driver version, programming language etc.,

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(1,080 Views)

Hi, OS is windows 10/64 bit system and programming language is Python with visual studio. I downloaded DAQmx using pip install nidaqmx and have version 0.6.4 ,NI-DAQmx Python API

I am running python code on this page: https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019Pf1SAE&l=en-US

But see daq error with error code Hex 0x80040301

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(1,054 Views)

The problem may be there is no name assigned to device as you can see in image attached above. How to add name?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(1,030 Views)

@ghsnc765 wrote:

The problem may be there is no name assigned to device as you can see in image attached above. How to add name?

Looks like DAQmx driver is not installed (not just the Python package). Did you install DAQmx driver from https://www.ni.com/en-us/support/downloads/drivers/download.ni-daqmx.html#460239 ?

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(1,012 Views)

Hi, yes that was installed

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(1,009 Views)