Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triggering without analog trigger circuity

Hi,

I am new to LabVIEW and DAQ applications, so apologies if my question is naive.

I am using a PXIe-6341 MIO module in a PXI 1071 chassis. 

In my application I need to read an analog input signal and trigger a counter pulses generation, when the analog signal crosses a value of voltage in a sinusoidal oscillation experiment

I figured out that the MIO module doesn't support analog triggering as it doesn't have analog triggering circuity.

What do you think that is the best way to build up a software trigger vi as effectively as possible??

Also do you know if the counter pulses (that will trigger a camera acquisition), can be implemented in a loop?

Thanks in advance,

Nikos

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(680 Views)

The best way to use DAQ for control is to use Hardware-Timed Single Point Mode.

Application case 1 of NI-DAQmx Hardware-Timed Single Point Lateness Checking should match your use case.

Message 2 of 4
(648 Views)

Dear ZYOng,

Thanks a lot for your reply. It seems that the software triggering is not fast enough for this application.

Do you know if I can configure the trigger with the PXIe-4138 source measure unit?

Nikos

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(621 Views)

You can trigger using 4138 but the SMU does not have any means of triggering based on output voltage and there are other sorts of synchronization possible.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(613 Views)