From Thursday, May 23rd (05:00 PM CDT) through Friday, April 24th (1:30 AM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start Trigger Synchronization with USB-6002

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I'm trying to implement the Start Trigger Synchronization (Fig. 2) from this article: https://www.ni.com/en/support/documentation/supplemental/21/signal-based-synchronization-of-analog-i... using two analog input channels of USB-6002 and I am getting an error 50103. From what I read, it could be that USB-6002 isn't capable of handling concurrent tasks but when I look at the specs of USB-6002 I cannot find this information. This is my VI:

Omnistic_0-1712933286787.png

I made sure to split the total 50kS/s into two (as the 50kS/s is specified as aggregated in the specs of USB-6002). Can anyone help me figure out my mistake here? Thank you very much for your help and take care,

David

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(208 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Omnistic

Put both channels into a single task by specifying "Dev1/ai0:1".  This is a typical restriction across any DAQmx devices I can think of - only 1 AI "timing engine" available per device, so when you need to sample multiple channels, put them all in 1 task.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(187 Views)

To supplement what Kevin has shared, see

Number of Parallel DAQmx Tasks on NI Multifunction Devices

Easily Synchronize and Trigger NI-DAQmx with Channel Expansion

-------------------------------------------------------
Control Lead | Intelline Inc
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(172 Views)

Thank you both, very helpful once again. For those interested, this is my corrected VI:

Omnistic_0-1713171916255.png

Take care,

David

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(122 Views)