Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading Maximum Sample Rate for GUI Display

Solved!
Go to solution

My LabVIEW code, which our customers use, has been used with the PCI-5114, and other DAQ cards like it in that same series. Because NI-SCOPE is highly abstracted my code does not need customization for each of these DAQ cards. It is desired that the user GUI display the maximum sample rate for whatever board happens to be installed. For this I would like to read it from the installed card.

My experience with NI-SCOPE is that when triggered it will include in its output data the closest sample rate it can actually do, and got set to do, to what it was commanded to do. So I know I can proabley give it something ridiculous, like maybe 1 THz,  trigger it to collect data, and read from its output the closest sample rate it can do to it, which would be its maximum sample rate. However, I am hoping for a more elegant solution.

Is there a VI that will read back the maximum sample rate, without having to set up data collection for the purpose?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(826 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Artst

You can try this property,

santo_13_0-1664514337134.png

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
Message 2 of 3
(809 Views)

Thank you for this.

Now I also need to determine by means of property node, or other method, whether the PCI DAQ Device has the offset ability that allows getting the best possible resolution of an AC signal that is superposed on a DC offset. How is that done?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(748 Views)