From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parallel Continuous Acquisition and Generation with NI cDAQ-9174, NI 9239, NI 9263

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all,

I would like to know if it is possible to have the NI 9263 module in the cDAQ-9174 continuously generate an analog voltage signal while simultaneously continuously measuring the generated signal with the NI 9239 module in parallel. I have naively attempted it with the DAQ assistant but have been unsuccessful thus far.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,271 Views)

The easiest way I can think you can do it is by running two examples at the same time. In a LabVIEW windows click on "Help" in the menu bar and then click "find examples".

In the screenshot, you can see how to find the analog input and output examples there.

Choose the kind of examples you need, one for acquiring and the other for generating data. Save both as a copy in a different directory to avoid modifying the examples and test it to see if that works for you.

list of DAQmx exampleslist of DAQmx examples

Message 2 of 3
(2,231 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gryffin

Gryffin,

Yes it is totally possible to do so! As ARVega pointed out, you can run one of the Analog Input and one of the Analog Output examples at the same time. Just make sure that you select the 9263 as the module in the AO example, and the 9239 as the module in the AI example. I would recommend using the "Voltage - Continuous Input" and "Voltage - Continuous Output" examples (just a favorite of mine).

Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,220 Views)