From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PALHardwareFaultError status code -50152

Does anyone have any idea what would cause the error  'PALHardwareFaultError', status code -50152 in an X-series DAQ device?

To give more detail, I'm using PCIe-6363 DAQ devices in Linux machines (Ubuntu 18.04) using the latest Linux drivers 2021Q4) and PyDAQmx version (1.4.6) in Python 3.7.9.  I can set digital outputs or take analog input measurements as long as I don't configure the sample clock with CfgSampClkTiming.  If I use this command, the above error occurs upon starting the task.  I have a previously set up Linux computer with the same PCIe-6363 model, and the same Python code runs there without error, so I don't think it is a problem with my command sequence.  But on the new computers, I have tried many things including swapping different PCIe-6363 boards (they are a few years old), using a different PCIe slot, supplying power to the PCIe-6363 through the disk drive power connector, upgrading the Linux drivers (originally I was using the 2020 drivers) and upgrading PyDAQmx (originally I was using 1.4.4) but this error has always occurred, so I have no idea yet if it is a hardware or software problem.

Thank you for any suggestions!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(710 Views)

An update, the error appears to be related to DMA transfers, since it can be avoided with

task.SetAIDATAXferMech('/Dev1/ai0', PyDAQmx.DAQmx_Val_ProgrammedIO)

as was used in another post where the same error code was reported.  I'm still trying to figure out why the DMA transfers don't work on these particular machines.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(669 Views)