From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Analog Input using DAQmx data

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All! I have a very specific question about data processing.

I am currently trying to use multiple channels and measure them "simultaenously" (I know the machine doesn't actually do that). I have an initialisation (see attachment) that includes three AI ports and also a write data section (see attachment) that runs , writes/reads, and then stops the process.  

Now this is where I had problems understanding how the data is being read out, and so I know I am sure I am not aware of something.  

When I select in the DAQmx Read I then select  Analog > Multiple Channels > Multiple Samples > 2D DBL what exactly am I selecting? I expected three rows (From the three initialisations in the beginning) as an output but there are only two. So there is something I fundamentally missed. My purpose is to write finite data out from all the three ports using the DAQmx Read. 

So far all the readout I get from two of the ports give slightly the same signal, as I understand there is also "ghosting" happening ( a separate issue I believe I have resolved by adding the third channel before the channel with lower impedance). 

Note: I have looked at the following links quite a few times but if I missed anything that is relevant to this discussion please excuse my lack of observation. These ones were helpful so far but I just can't seem to find what I need to understand what is happening. 

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P8b1SAC&l=en-AU

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Multifunction-DAQ/How-to-use-DAQmx-Read-to-measure-multiple-analog-channels...

http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/2835/en/

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,521 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alisterio

Nothing jumps out as wrong.  You've configured your AI task to have 3 channels in it and when you call DAQmx Read (NChan NSamp), you should get a 2D array with 3 rows (one for each channel).

Not sure how new you are to this stuff, but is it possible that you're displaying the data in a GUI array indicator that only *shows* 2 of the 3 rows of data at a time? 

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
Message 2 of 5
(2,501 Views)

Thanks @Kevin_Price ! It seems that I missed it when I was busy writing up my imaginary problem 😛 Thanks heaps. Appreciate the quick help!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,487 Views)

I am trying to generate the signals through labview and access these signals using DAQ. I have attached the code and obtained results below. Why the signals are looking like that in oscilloscope. how to correct it?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,441 Views)

HI ashwini11 as I am a new member I do not have much experience. After taking a look at your code I am not sure what to say. It will be better for you to start a new thread and explain your problem in detail. 

I have not worked with NIElvis so I definitely can help there. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,438 Views)